Modernize your Java App
In this section of the workshop, you will modernize your Java Application.
You application is composed by a Java Application on Tomcat Web Server and a PostgreSQL Database running on separate DB Server.
- You do not have too much information about your source Java Tomcat application and at the end of this module you will deploy it into architecture shown below.
in this workshop, you will use AWS migration and Modernization tools to help your modernization journey:
- Database Migration Service (DMS) to migrate your PostgreSQL Database to AWS RDS (Relational Database Service).
- App2Container to
- Create Application’s deployment artifacts;
- Deploy your Application to Amazon ECS (Elastic Container Service);
- Create CI/CD pipeline (Optional).
NOTE: Database Migration is optional in this module.
- Please continue with the next section Migrate Your Database to migrate your Database using Database Migration Service (DMS)
- Alternatively, continue with Containerize your Java App section to start directly from App2Container processes.